Monday, May 27, 2013

Clothing & Makeup Haul

Brandy Melville, American Apparel and Vintage Levi's

Shopping is my cardio. Jess and I went shopping at night in Soho and oh my god, Brandy Melville was less crowded. This is was my first experience shopping at night and I loved it. Walking around the streets of Soho with the glistering city lights above you was a spectacular sight. I recommend shopping at night to anyone. I didn't get much, just a few articles of clothing. First, starting from the right was a great find in some vintage store in Soho, was a vintage studded Levi's jacket. This jacket is a bit bigger than my current Levi's jacket but it will do. I've been looking for a light washed studded Levi's jacket everywhere for a decent price, but I lucked out. Surprisingly I came upon this acid washed one for $20. To me that was a steal. I've seen these kind of jackets at Urban and Esty for $80+. The next article of clothing is the American Apparel Corduroy Circle Skirt. I've tried this circle skirt on before and I didn't like the look on me so I couldn't justify buying it for $45. I decided to go into the AA Soho Outlet to see what they had and luckily I found a section with circle skirts and there was only one black corduroy in my size. It was fate that it was for me to get and I did for $25. Thank goodness that I bought this on impulse because I love it. I've been wearing this every week, and since it's black it goes with everything. Lastly, we went to Brandy Melville. Surprisely they didn't have anything I really wanted. I saw that they had a bin that had stuff on sale for 35%, stuff that was last season or damaged and I came upon a basic grey tee. I thought the tee would go nicely with the circle skirt so I bought.
Makeup Forever, Stila and Sigma

All year round I try to make my makeup minimal and have a natural and clean look on my face. I usually stick with concealer, foundation and eyeliner. My typical go-to look for school or just hanging out around the city. I thought it was time to stock up on some of my favorite basics from Sephora. I also bought a Sigma foundation brush to go along with my foundation. Before I used my fingers to apply my foundation and I read tons of reviews of the F80 and everyone recommended it so I decided to jump the wagon and purchased it. Next, is the Stila eyeliner. This eyeliner is my go-to eyeliner. It's a felt-tip liner that allows you to make thin or thick lines. It does what it says; it stays on all day.
 ~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment