Monday, March 18, 2013

My (Wendy) Spring/Summer Picks: Dresses!

Photos courtesy of Nastygal, litboutique, Wasteland, and RevolveClothing
 Mother Nature was kinda late in giving New York City a snow storm, like a month late. And I'm here on my laptop telling you guys about my spring/summer dress picks. Like what Jess said or rather wrote on her previous blog post, spring is just around the corner, and I thought it was appropriate to share my personal picks for the upcoming season and give you guys some  inspiration for your next shopping expedition. So going in order of the pictures here are my picks.
  
Shakuhachi's New Romantics Dress: First off I think this dress is perfect for Coachella. The model in the picture is working it. There are so many things I love about this dress. The daisy and circular embroidery adds a cool relaxed hipster vibe that is juxtaposed with the hard, but subtle cutouts that adds a fun and flirty look to the whole outfit. It's the perfect length and shows enough skin that doesn't seem like you're trying to hard. Just like the model I would wear my hair down and attempt to make it wavy just like her or maybe even better. As for shoes a simple sandal or ankle booties would definitely work. 

Cheap Monday's Collen Chambray Shirt: This dress/shirt screams too cool for summer school. I also love how the model is wearing the dress. It's so street-chic without really trying too hard. I can imagine a girl wearing this dress walking down the busy streets of New York City, drinking her ice coffee without a care in the world.

Finders Keeper's Moon Dance Long Sleeve Tunic: Ever since Givenchy presented colorful and bold prints down the Paris Runway I've been trying to incorporate prints into my wardrobe. I love the cool color palette that Finders Keepers used. It's perfect for those summer sunset walks down the California beach that Jess and I dream about.

Motel's Medusa Dress: I would say that this dress is the fanciest out of the bunch, but you can dress it down. Put a denim button down and you are out the door. I just love the silhouette and the small detailing with the studs around the waist area. The silhouette of this dress makes you seem slimmer. (But don't worry you don't need that because you are perfect)

Finders Keeper's You Sent Me T-Shirt Dress: And yet again another Finders Keepers dress. I love this brand. They design and produce clothes that are fit and form fitting and lose and relax. Same with the first Finders Keepers dress, you can wear this dress practically wherever and do whatever. Both of the Finders Keepers dresses are easy to style. You can pair them off with a simple heel or ankle booties and be out the door and the world is ready for you!!

So those are my dress picks for the upcoming beautiful spring/summer season. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be a good one!

~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment